Horsemanship for the Recreational Rider Stage 1 (RR1)
Horsemanship for the Recreational Rider is also designed for the weekend rider. It has a stronger focus on riding in the arena, however not objective to riding the trails and obstacles. The Recreational Riders interest lies in Olympic disciplines but understands that “Ground Work Out of the Saddle” is crucial to the safety of themselves and others.
The L.I.C. Process is a natural progression from the Trust Me, Trust My Horse Process and Courtmanship. The L.I.C. Process (Classical Lunging, In hand & Cavalletti) develops the BIG 3: Forward Motion, Balance & Rhythm.
This course isn’t a colt starting course but green horses would benefit from the education so the Recreational Rider must be competent in the basics for preparing your horse safely under saddle and must already be comfortable in the snaffle bit. The first day will be conducted as a group focusing on general concepts with the other day refining what you have learnt in a group including a personal lesson with Jason.
At the end of each day in the saddle we will enjoy dinner at the local pub for a coldie, dancing and tunes.
Private Round Yard Lessons @ $80 plus facility fee if relevant extra to the clinic fee
- 4pm and hourly intervals back to 9am
- 6.30pm - Welcome Dinner with Jason @ Local……
- 8-9am - Check in and Introduction talk about the Training Scale
- 9 to 12am - Ground Control Group Session (GCGS) with M/T in between
- 12 to 12.45pm - Lunch
- 1pm to 3pm - Ground Control Group Session (GCGS) with A/T in between
- 3 to 6pm - Ridden Control Group Session (RCGS)
- 6.30 to 8pm - Yummy food, Wine & Theory Presentation
- 8pm - Close
- 8-9am - Check in and Group Recap on Saturday Session (GRS)
- 9 to 1pm - Private Lessons with M/Tea in between
- 1 to 1.30pm - Lunch
- 1.30pm to 5.30pm - Private Lessons with A/Tea in between
- 5.30pm - Close